a back pack takes items that would normally put into you inventory into the backpack. if you right click while holding it in your hand it will open the backpack. if you shift right click while holding it it will switch modes. if you shift right click on a chest it will empty into it.
- Default - Takes in the ores listed below. (no added icon)
- Locked - Doesn't take in anything, but can still be opened. (lock icon)
- Receiving - Shift-Right clicking on a chest will take all matching items. (green up arrow icon)
- Resupply - Keeps a stack of the item in the hotbar. (yellow down arrow icon)
- Apiarists Backpack
- Has a amazing 125 storage spaces for drones, princeses and queens but cannot be upgraded
- Miner's Backpack
- has 15 spaces to hold ores. Full list down below.
- Digger's Backpack
- has 15 spaces to hold blocks that are mined not including ores.
- Forester's Backpack
- Has 15 spaces to hold Wood, Saplings, Nether Ward, Seeds and Grass.
- Hunter's Backpack
- has 15 spaces to hold String. Spider Eyes. Rotten Flesh. Bones. Arrows. Gunpowder. Ender Pearls. Gold Nuggets. Ghast Tears and Blaze Rods.
- Adventurer's Backpack
- has 15 spaces to hold items that are declared in the Forestry config, default is none
- Builder's Backpack
- has 15 spaces to hold brick, stairs, fences, glass, and torches.
- Computer Engenieer's Backpack*
- Thaumaturge's Backpack*
- has 15 spaces to hold shards, amber, quicksilver, thaumium, brains, knowledge fragments, Essentia jars and golems.
- Trackman's Backpack*
- Icemans's Backpack*
NOTE: Backpacks with '*' come from another mod, like RP2, CC, Thaumcraft, Railcraft, etc.
can hold: (information from the feed the beast wiki)
- Apatite (gem and ore)
- Brass Ingot
- Bronze Ingot
- Coal (coal and ore)
- Copper (both kinds, and ingots 13380, 5267:5, and 20257:64, but not 30248)
- Diamond (gem and ore, but not Industrial Diamond)
- Electrum Ingot and Electrum Blend
- Emerald (gem only, not ore)
- Ferrous (and ingot)
- Gold (and ingot)
- Invar Ingot
- Lapis Lazuli (gem and ore)
- Lead (and ingot 20257:67, but not 9270)
- All Pulverizer|Pulverized ore
- Redstone (dust and ore)
- Ruby (gem and ore)
- Saltpeter (powder and ore)
- Shiny Ingot
- Silver (2001:2 only, not 248. Also takes silver ingot 5267:3 and 20257:66, but not 9271)
- Steel Ingot
- Sulfur (powder and ore)
- Tin (both kinds, and ingots)